[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST useability (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:03:03 -0400
From: Grayson B Dietrich <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: NST useability (fwd)

Hi, Jim

comments below:

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:35:22 -0600 (MDT) Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original Poster: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>

These are the voltages preferred by most people.

Are my smaller
> transfromers useless?

Most certainly not! The 5KV might be a challenge to use, but the others,
especially the 9KV ones are fine.

  What is needed? I have 4" and 8"
> PVC (2ft and 3 1/2 ft) that I was intending to wind.

The 4" PVC should do a good job for the 9KV trannies, better if you were
to put them in parallel to increase the current output. What are their
ratings?

Are these
> both too much for the transformers I have in hand?

The 8" PVC would probably be better driven either by a large bank of NSTs
or a small piggy.

I have
> delayed the high $ procurements untill I have some of the
> pieces in hand.
> Jim

Grayson Dietrich
www.electrophile.8m-dot-com