[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil Winder (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:59:06 -0400
From: Grayson B Dietrich <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Coil Winder (fwd)

This all makes me remember an idea I once had:

why not cut two large cones of wood on a lathe, center bored to allow a
3/8" bolt stock to thread into it, and use them as endpieces for all form
sizes? One could concievable thread the boltstock through one, through
the PVC and then screw on the other cone. Throw on some lockwashers and
two nuts, and rig bearings for each end of the boltstock?

This idea may have a few kinks in it, but I see nothing that couldn;t be
smoothed out.

Grayson Dietrich

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.