[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Quick Question re: Pig Wiring

Well.. the ghods of zap have been kind enough to deliver unto me a
5KVA transformer.

Until such time as I can get a 220V Variac, I will have to run this
beastie at 110. Furtheremore, I intend to start out a lower power
until I am comfortable with the tunes. So. The question:
I will initially be using 1.3KVA of resistive ballast at 110V: Must
I rewire the secondaries to bring both 110V windings in parallel, or
can i get away with the (relatively) low power on one set of windings
and let the second float?
eg: Current config

X1      X2 X3       X4
    110V	   110V

Can I just use X1 and X2?  or must I rewire for (X1,X3) and (X2,X4)?

TIA

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net