[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Printed circuit caps ; G10 vs FR-4

Hi,

How does one clearly distinguish between G10 epoxy PCB and FR-4 PCB ?
Where can high voltage G10 PCB be purchased from ?

While a databook mentions G10 as having a dielectric strength of 15 KV/mil,
Richard Quick's capacitor info mentions epoxy circuit board as having a
dielectric strength of the much lower value of only 700 V/mil. Perhaps one
could suck it and see if there might have been some oversight which gave
rise to very disparate figures, but i believe that the G10 & FR-4 grades
must in fact be very different in their dielectric strengths; so will need
to be sure of purchasing the correct grade if at all possible.

I expect G10 will be a more expensive grade, so that the NZD$85 (USD$40)
cost of FR-4 300mmx300mm x8 plates, for a 10nF cap, will become more like
twice or three times that figure for G10 plates. Anyone have actual prices
and a source for 300mmx300mm G10 double sided PCB ?

Chris