[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Valves

There are a number of tubes that are available from the medical MRI market
that should do to replace the spark gap.  The YC-156  (3CPX5000A7) comes to
mind.  This tube has a max plate voltage of 6500 volts can handle  4 amps
continuous or up to 64 amps in a pulse mode.  The tube requires no socket,
is a triode and needs about -100 vdc to cut it off.   Norm