[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corum's new paper

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

> So I have "accurately and faithfully" performed Test # 2.  I have
> "correctly" applied the lumped parameter models and they seem to work just
> fine (better than I expected!).

Just adding that I have made similar measurements some time ago, with
identical results. You can't ignore the self-capacitance of the coil.
Actually, to ignore it is to model the (somewhat nonuniform, not
exactly TEM) transmission line that the coil -is- using a first-order
model. Adding the self-capacitance improves the model to second order,
and improves the accuracy to the point of allowing accurate modeling
of the first resonance (not others).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz