[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: solid state spark gaps?

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 13.04.2000 19:54:01

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  solid state spark gaps?

>Original Poster: "Jan Florian Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
>thinking about solid state, and SS-SGs for highly controlled
>triggering (just for fun ;)... there seem to be quite a lot of cool
>looking solid state 12VDC driven semiconductor relays from KiloVac, t.ex.
>K41A which is one of the smaller ones and which stands some few MHz
>operating AC voltage at 6kV peak and 30A peak.

Hi.

In my small 4" TC, primary current at bang time was measured as 600A. That
would
fry your solid state relay.

>Are these suitable for
>small TC operation? And what about contact release time, is 10ms way too
>long?

That 10 ms would make bang rate of under 100 Hz. I don't think it is a feasible
solution.

Regards