[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 7200 V too low?

In a message dated 4/14/00 3:46:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Hi everyone

 Checking with my dad's power company, all of the distribution transformers
 in my town are at 7200 V.  I may still be able to get one if i'm persistant,
 but is 7200 going to run an appx. 3 kVA coil OK, or should I look for a
 14.4?

 Thanks,
 Nathan
 _ >>
Nathan,

My transformer is a 14.4  5kva unit.  I feed it 240 volts in and get 14,400
out.  I believe these transformers are rugged and over designed enough to
allow you to input 240 volts in to the 120 volt tap and get 14,400 out of a
7,200 volt unit.  Has anyone tried this?

Ed Sonderman