[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Needle Glow Discharge/ Malcolm comments on Corum

> The following question is directed only to Robert,
> At first sight it hasn't much to do with tx line vs.
> lumped TC model conflict but with Corums' standpoint
> on TC voltages.
> What do you think about their multimegavolts claims
> (even in the perfect case operated TC) "supported" by
> their tx line theory?For exmple 6MV for Wysock's Model
> 10 coil or 12MV for Tesla's  extra coil in CS?
>
> Regards,
> Boris

	I've been reading the comments on this subject, and want to make my
final comment before Terry gets tired of it.  Exquisitely-precise
analytical models of TC's are of little use unless they take into
account the effect of the impedance of the discharge once "breakout"
occurs; ignoring it gives rise to ridiculous claims as to voltage.  Just
look at the gap spacing you can get with a Jacob's ladder run from a
small transformer.  Many times the breakdown spacing before the
discharge starts.  All of the worries about coil Q are also probably a
waste of time for the same reason.

Ed