[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Needle Glow Discharge/ Malcolm comments on Corum

> > What do you think about their multimegavolts
> claims
> > (even in the perfect case operated TC) "supported"
> by
> > their tx line theory?For exmple 6MV for Wysock's
> Model
> > 10 coil or 12MV for Tesla's  extra coil in CS?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Boris
>
> 	I've been reading the comments on this subject, and
> want to make my
> final comment before Terry gets tired of it.
> Exquisitely-precise
> analytical models of TC's are of little use unless
> they take into
> account the effect of the impedance of the discharge
> once "breakout"
> occurs; ignoring it gives rise to ridiculous claims
> as to voltage.
-----
Ed,
Forget the air discharge(let a TC be PULSE operated in
vacuum conditions ).Every real coil has some finite Q
regardless of spark breakout  due to ohmic resistance
of secondary wire(-superconductive extremes excluded
here).And still a typical "spark unloaded" secondary
Qs belong to  range 100-500 which is too small to
prevent a considerable energy loss from bang to bang
of primary cap bank.Thus,FOR typical break rates of
100-300 and Fr=100khz ,secondary voltage cannot be
much higher than that one in simple single pulse mode
losseless test...unless you haven't enormously high
break rate 10000 BPS or more which again isn't case
for "normal" TC operation.Some Corums statements are
very weird as concerns low of conservation of energy.

Regards,
Boris