[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: more new caps

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Marc metlicka" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>
>
> thanks to all for helping me with my veriac delema.
>       well it happened again i got two new caps, actually theres two per
> unit. these are quite large and are marked 2000kvar- 2500v- .5khtz. i
> understand now about kvar but, the .5khtz. would these work ok on 60
> hrtz? any input on these caps would be helpfull.   thank you.    mem

Marc,

Hmmmm... you sure do get some interesting things! NOW you've got what
appears to be an Induction Heating capacitor. These caps are used in
industrial induction heating or melting appications. There's a pretty
good chance that yours may have fittings for water cooling and, if
you're lucky, it may also use a polypropylene and low loss dielectric
fluid system.

Plugging in the numbers for your capacitor, it looks like you've got a
101.86 uF 2500 VAC cap. Nice size for exploding wires, but Its a little
big for a Tesla Coil use...

-- Bert --

--
Bert Hickman