[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformers - Testing, Comparing, etc.

     Andy,

     I built this HV-safe ammeter from Terry's specs after converting my
     Radio Shack multimeter into a smoke machine trying to measure my NST
     output.  Terry's design is easy, looks professional, and works great.

     http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/meter.jpg

     paul

_________________________________

     <snip>
Secondly - I have several NSTs that I have depotted, and modified.  One is
15,000/60, the two others are 15,000/30.  I believe that if I put these in
parallel, it would be a good supply.  My questions regarding these are as
follows -
1. How can I test the current output of them after modification?  I have
found that connecting a meter across the outputs, or on one side of a
spark-gap does not work.
     <snip>

-Andy Cleary