[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I need help with my crappy coil

I need some help my coil only makes one inch sparks

Transfomer: an MOT thats current limited to about 0.45 amps by a oven
heating coil.

Tank cap: MOT cap-2100 volts .7 microfarad

Spark gap: single gap 1/16 inch

primary: flat spiral 9.5 turns of 0.125 inch copper wire. outside diameter
is 7.5. and inside diameter is 2.5 inches.

Secondary: 9 by 1.5 inch secondary on a pvc. Total turns 656

This coil really sucks...i had to go with an MOT because i had no access to
a NST or an OBIT.  The circuit is the same as a standard tesla coil with
capacitor in series with the primary without any inductors or safety gap

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
http://www-dot-netzero-dot-net/download/index.html