[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary winding spacing

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 18.04.2000 01:14:58

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: Secondary winding spacing

>Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
>
>Hi Marco,
>
>> Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>
>>
>> My secondary is 71" tall (winding is 59" long)  by 15.7" o.d.
>>
>The spaced turns at the bottom might draw more capacitance into
>fewer turns at the top but that might be passe if you are going to
>operate with a topload.

??? Sorry, I don't get it. I wrote about spacing the last turns at the TOP
below
the toroid) and to wind tight the rest of the secondary. Is that better
than all
tight?

>      If I were going to be doing your research I would want to build
>the best secondary I possibly could (with consideration given to
>convenience in size and ability to withstand a high output voltage
>and for me that would be a spacewind with 1:1 spacing and wire no
>less than 3 skin depths thick at the lowest possible frequency of
>operation.

Operating freq. will be about 57 kHz. Wire diameter 1.5 mm. I would wind about
1000 turns for 1.5 m length. No winding spacing. How does that sound to you?

Regards