[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

plastic capacitors

hi all,

as an experiment i made a plastic stack capacitor using trashy materials.it
was a mvery powerful cap!i have no idea of the capacitance but it must be
high!so i tried it with my coil....the gap wouldnt even fire unless i
wriggeld the power cord!when it fired it was loud!!!!!no sparks
though???!!!so i figured it was way too big so i decreased the number of
layers and no mader how i varyed it,it just refused to output sparks.it would
be as loud as a chainsaw and i would tune ,tune ,tune,but nothing but teeny
sparks.my coil seems to work only with sat water caps which is 2 1 liter
glass wine bottles.

matt