[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3 phase resonators

Hi John, Terry, and Malcolm

Terry, I believe you are correct about the space charge affecting the
capacitance, and I believe Malcolm is right about the phase changing the
mutual coupling. Since the electric and magnetic fields of the coils are
linked, a phasing difference is probably changing the effective values.
John and Terry spoke a bit about the ion cloud. I did not notice much of a
frequency change with or without corona discharges. If the frequency is
changed slightly while they are sparking, it just makes the sparks appear
more dominant on one coil or the other, but the frequency is about the
same. A change in phase is what really has an affect with the resonant
frequency. Thanks for you input guys!!

Regards, Duane