[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dimmer switch ?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if a dimmer switch could be used in place of a variac and if a
600W unit would be good for a 9kV-at-30mA NST (I figured that if you take the
ouput wattage and then divide that by the input voltage that would give me the
amps
drawn by the xformer less losses.would this be correct?)

just a little note:

I am going to start posting my coil specs as my parts come together to see if
anyone sees any problems and get some general feedback, I should be getting a
web site up soon with pics and stuff.I will get back to everyone with the URL.

Regards and safe coiln'
Kevin Dalpe