[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I Need Help!

Hello,

My coil was giving about 5 inches then its dropped to about 1/2 an inch now
it hardly works at all - the spark gap sort of fizzes with a faint purple
arc but it will ony jump about 1/2mm. I think the may be something wrong
with my NST one side jumps about 3/4 of an inch to ground and the other
jumps about 1/4 but it only did that before and it worked.

This is what I've got;
10kv 25ma NST - my be a problem with.
25 milk bottle salt waters - this is the only way I could get anything from
the toriod.
12 turn pri.
4*21 inch sec. about 900 turns
toroid about 8 inch dia - toilet roll tubes, tin foil and tape sort of
thing.
RQ style gap
safty gap

if there is something rong with the NST i can swap it for a 10/60 one.

Thanks,
Oliver Margarson

FREE Personalized Email at Mail-dot-com
Sign up at http://www.mail-dot-com/?sr=signup