[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The End of an Era

Well guys, the day has passed.

Since October of 1999, my partner Robert and I have learned about high
voltage electonics and Tesla Coils from the ground up.  We were to have the
coil judged as a "distinguished achievement" project for school.  The
judges consisted of a panel of electrical engineers from different cities
around us.  The judges came today, and saw our presentation, complete with
30 minute Powerpoint presentation and professional-looking bound manual we
wrote.  After our presentation, the came to my house where our Tesla Coil,
the Veretus Coil, was waiting, and saw the 60" sparks for themselves.  The
coil performed great for us.  As they drove away, Robert and I looked at
each other and realized that everything we had worked for since October had
just passed.  What now?

There's no stopping me, I'm definitely hooked for life.  This stuff
fascinates me.  I think I would like to take this time to thank everyone on
the mailing list who has ever suffered with me and answered my what now
seem silly questions, or supported my efforts with their surplus equipment.

				Thanks,
				     Ryan Ries

PS - Are there any other people on the list out of North Texas?  Maybe we
could start up a TCBONT!!!  :-)