[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Core.

> Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>

> > Original Poster: "Ruud de Graaf" <rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>
> >

> Hi Ruud,
>
> (my first post in a couple weeks due to surgury - appendix decided to go
south)

> To eleborate a little on John's comments:
>
> I think John's comments come from his own experience and the many
discussions
> we have had on the list on this subject. One thing I will elaborate on is
that
> PVC, sonotube, poly forms, etc.. are all used with little difference, but
each
> form is "treated" before winding. So in essence, the ability to absorbe
> moisture in the form is treated to reduce and prevent moisture absorbtion.
> Moisture is bad (and I would say even 3%) at the voltages our coils are
> processing. The forms "treatments" may contradict your original thoughts.
Of
> course, by treatments I am referring to drying and sealing the forms. Once
this
> is done, it is no longer simply PVC, or Sonotube, or whatever.

snip...

Hi Bart,

(I hope everything is well with the rest of your organs!)

I was very opinionated and I made my secondary PVC coil last sunday without
drying and without sealing the inside. I'am planning to make 'Catweazle 1'
so that I can improve when it is running, without making double costs' of
course. So, everything that can be done afterwards, I will do in time. In
that way I have also something to report to the list and I will not feel the
need to make a bigger one right away!

Ruud