[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Core.

> Original Poster: "Ruud de Graaf" <rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>

Hi Ruud,

(my first post in a couple weeks due to surgury - appendix decided to go south)

To eleborate a little on John's comments:

I think John's comments come from his own experience and the many discussions
we have had on the list on this subject. One thing I will elaborate on is that
PVC, sonotube, poly forms, etc.. are all used with little difference, but each
form is "treated" before winding. So in essence, the ability to absorbe
moisture in the form is treated to reduce and prevent moisture absorbtion.
Moisture is bad (and I would say even 3%) at the voltages our coils are
processing. The forms "treatments" may contradict your original thoughts. Of
course, by treatments I am referring to drying and sealing the forms. Once this
is done, it is no longer simply PVC, or Sonotube, or whatever.

Bart