[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotaty popping, (Was Re: commercial cap failure)

Hi jon, Ed.

 I noted to the list, last month about this same occurence.
Have you checked the firing point on the incoming wave form
in relation to your SRSG. If mine is at the wrong point, the thing
sounds like a 'dog' and I get continual 'backfires' across the
safety gap. Just changing the firing angle turns it into a pussy-cat.

Could it be that as you change the level of control inductance with
the welder, you are also shifting the phase of the waveform in
relation to the srsg firing point? - I bet the srsg motor supply is
not coming out of the welder - it's coming straight from the wall.

Any comments list?

Best Regards

 Robin Copini.