[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Protecting an NST

Hello everyone!

I'm working on my very first Tesla coil, and I've been reading the list as
I go along... lots and lots of useful information here, so thanks everyone!

Anyway, I saw Alex's problem, and it made me think. How exactly would I go
about protecting the NST I'm going to use to power my primary? I would
guess that the RF loose in the circuit would be pretty hard on the NST,
even if it is current-limited. Would I just hold it back with an RF choke
on each leg? Or should I look into building a more complex filtering
system? I'm hoping to make this NST last as long as possible... they don't
seem to be very available (or cheap) in my area.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Chris