[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mutant Tar!!

Brad,
	Are you sure it is tar?

	This may turn out to be of use to some of you if not to Brad.
Casting resin, and probably a lot of potting resins, will absorb acetone.
It doesn't soften and liquify.  It expands, fractures and flakes off.  You
have to leave the piece in the stuff in a sealed container for a very long
time, weeks or months, but I've seen it work.

	John