[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Formula for self C of a Coil (not Medhurst)

I believe the formula actual produces a value that when used with the
> > inductance of a coil  correctly  calculates the resonance frequency but
> it
> > is not the self C of the coil.  Its just an imperical relation to
> calculate
> > Fr.

	Probably correct.  What is your definition of self C?  Normal
engineering use is that capacitance which produces the observed
self-resonant frequency of a coil well isolated from its surroundings.
Look up original articles by Medhurst and Palermo, which are referenced
in the various editions of the "Radiotron Designer's Handbook".

Ed