[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A figure of merit

A while back Gary Johnson asked for reports on solid-state spark length;
and I responded with a proposal for a figure of merit or "quality"
measure for Tesla coils: spark length to a grounded point per primary
volt--for all builders, solid state and "spark".  I proposed millimeters
per volt just to make the number less depressing (25.4 mm are in each and
every inch!).

But there's been a silence.  So I repeat it.  How about it, everyone?
Any interest?

I put up 3.8 mm/V:  ~24" or 610 mm with 160 V on my solid-state primary.

Ken Herrick
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.