[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Transco Rock Hard Resin

I've used acetone and a screwdriver to successfully remove that
type of resin from a transco core.

After soaking for a day in the acetone, the resin becomes bloated
and a little bit can be peeled away with a screwdriver.  Then soak again
for a couple hours, and peel back a little more.  Eventually, you will be able
to chip off small and large chunks of the resin.  It's very easy to damage the
windings when taking off chunks at a time, but it WILL work if you are patient.

One other thing to note is that the case must be cut away prior to soaking.

I've got a couple pictures of this process.