[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT Voltage & Current

> Original Poster: "me" <weaver77-at-home-dot-com>
>
> What is the typical secondary coil voltage and current rating of a
microwave
> oven transformer?
>
> My volt meter goes  up to 750 volts.  I know the output voltage of the
> transformer is much higher than that.
>
> The transformer has no tags or stickers with ratings.  I assume the
primary is
> 120 vac.
>
> Gary Weaver

Hi Gary,

The most i've seen had something like 2300V/0.5A as specification. If you
want to know the secondary voltage you could connect the line voltage to the
secondary side and measure the primary. That way you'll know the
multiplication factor and you can calculate the secondary voltage if not
loaded!

Ruud