[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Capacitance calculated without earth-distance?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Ruud de Graaf" <rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>

> Maybe i missed something, but could somebody tell me how it is possible
that in
> the calculation of the toroid capacitance the distance to ground is ignored.
> IMHO it should be actually inverted proportional.

If the ground is very close, yes, but after some distance from ground
the capacitance tends to a limit value. This happens with any shape,
and the limit is the "body capacitance", or "capacitance to infinity"
of the object.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz