Tube Impedance Matching

Hi Guys,

I read a little about impedance matching but it was all centered around a
grounded-grid amplifier in an old ARRL book.  I know enough to realize that
you have to match the input and output Z of the tube, but I'm not really
sure how to do this in the VTTC.  I see that tube amps usually have pi or
pi-L networks on the input and output but I have never seen anything like
this in any VTTC designs (or I couldn't recognize it as such).

Here is a spec sheet for the 3-1000z that lists Cin and Cout.  Is this what
the input and output Z are derived from?
http://www.nj7p-dot-org/cgi-bin/tube?tube=3-1000z&bg=

After the recent feedback on operating modes, I have decided to make my
first attempts with raw AC.

Thanks,
Ross
http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/projects/tube_coil/tube.htm