Re: primary/secondary coupling height ranges

In a message dated 8/1/00 9:32:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 Hello,

 Just for design considerations I'm trying to get an idea of what the
 "typical" distance might be between the plane of a flat spiral primary and
 the lowest winding of the secondary.  I was figuring about 1" below the
 secondary.  I know there is probably much within the design of each coil
 that would have an affect on this but I am just looking for an "average".
 Also,
 what have people heard of others using for the lower and upper extremes.

 Thanks,
 John M.

John,

My 6.0" coil uses a flat primary made of 3/8" copper tubing.  My bottom turn
on the secondary is just even with the top edge of the flat primary.

Ed Sonderman