Homemade chokes

Hello everyone,
This is like the fifth post from me today. Geez...
Anyhow, I was wondering if one could make an effective RF choke using a ferrite
flyback core. I used these for chokes in crossovers for subwoofers which worked
fine, but I am somewhat concerned about the power handling capabilities of
these. The cores are are about 2" x 2" (5cm x 5cm) with a core diameter of
about 0.4inch (1.2cm). I wound one with 22 guage wire which I salvaged from an
old ignition coil primary (oil submersed type).  If you look closely at an
audio crossover circuit, you'll notice that it is very similar to a RF
protection circuit in a Tesla Coil. It has a choke which only allows low
frequency ac to pass through, unimpeded, and a capacitor in series with the
tweeter, which high frequency signals use as a low resistance path to ground.

Also, Does anyone know how to determine a circuit's Q?  I read somewhere that a
Tesla Coil's primary and secondary coils should have an equal Q. If this is
true, we should be able to determine the exact numbet of primary turns needed.
Right?

Thanks (again),

    -Michael