Re: Metal Enclosures

I found my enclosures at a used scientific/electronic shop.  I've seen
racks discarded at the metal recycling place too.  I had a heating &
ventilation (the dull meaning of HVAC) company make the sheet metal panels
for me and then cut the holes myself.  To do that you can get hole saws or
these weird hole cutters that have an arm that you can adjust for the
radius of the hole.  The one I used had a really crappy tool bit in it, so
I replaced it with a good high speed steel bit that I ground by hand.  It
was just a 1/4" square piece of tool steel.  There are also things that
you can buy that use a bolt through two cutting dies for punching out
holes in panels.  They would require a wrench and a drill for the initial
hole, but they can do pretty big holes.  Probably pretty expensive too.

Chip