Re: Metal Enclosures

Original poster: "Bart" <bmcguyer-at-houston.rr-dot-com>

Hello all,
    Where can you find metal enclosures to make a power control console out
of?

Electrical Supply places, surplus outlets, etc...
Ask for a "Hoffman Box", they're pricey, but worth it. You can even get them
in different NEMA ratings for weatherproof applications.

How would you make holes for all the connections?

You'll need a set of knockouts. These too are expensive, but if taken care
of will last a lifetime. I have used the same set for 10 years, my father
had them for 30 years, and my grandfather used them for about 30 as well. I
would count that as a good investment :)

Panel Meters?

These are too big for knockouts (unless you spend a fortune on the massive
ones you'll never use). We used a cutoff wheel and a Dremel.

Remember, don't skimp on buying tools. It's better to buy a good set of
tools once, than cheap ones every 3 months. Not to mention you will spend a
lot less time healing you knuckles. :)

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder
The Geek Group