Trannies

Hi all
	I contacted my local electricity supplier today about getting hold
of a 16 KVA Transformer (scrapped).
They quoted me a price of "a couple of hundred pounds" for the item,
claiming that if I wanted it in working order, as opposed to "dodgy"
condition, they would have to charge the equivalent of a new one !
When I told them that people can pick them up for only £ 20 or so,
he expressed his doubts, in fact, he was the manager of the transformer
depot, and had never even heard of anybody ever asking for one.
Comments anyone ? Better still- can anyone offer me one of these
cheap transformers, or tell me where I can get one ?
				Cheers
					Richard Barton.