Re: stranded wire ?

In a message dated 8/19/00 7:27:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Jeroen Kooiman" <jkooi-at-wish-dot-net>
>
>  Hi all, what is stranded wire ?, is that the same as sand-papered wire ?
>

>  Jeroen Kooiman, Holland

Jeroen,

Stranded wire is a a wire that is composed of a number of individual
smaller wire strands bundled together to make the wire more flexible.
Lamp cords and ac power cords to appliances use
stranded wire (as an example).  If the wire has a lot of thinner stands
it will be very flexible.  If the wire has fewer thicker strands, then it
will still be rather stiff, but much more flexible than solid wire.

Now sandpapered wire..... that is something I've never heard of before.

Cheers,
John Freau