Well, I know what's wrong - My brand new NST fried!!

Thanks to the kind advice of someone who told me to test both sides of the NST
for a short, I found one side barely produced a spark.

To say I am disgusted, is an understatement. This is the same disease I always
dealt with is the NST's frying and is what made me stop coiling for two
decades. It's exactly what I wanted most to avoid in coiling and well, I think
I will be trying a safety gap design.

All may not be lost on the NST tho, I have it in the freezer and am going to
freeze it and then run  it for 20 minutes and depot the thing.

I also heard I could just put it in the oven and possibly melt the short IF it
is in the tar. Trouble is, I don't remember how long or at what temperature to
cook it. Anyone know.

If I go ahead and depot the thing I am hoping I can remove the shunts and get
some more current out of it.

Maybe depotting will help prevent lessen the chance of future frying.