Re: Output

> I use a resistance value for the gap loss.  I base this value on the
ringdown
> time of the primary circuit without the secondary in place.  A simple
> equavalent resistance.  Of course, the program can measure the loss on
the gap
> resistance like any other element.  The resistnace seems to do fine in
the
> model and gives good results.
>

>From a physics standpoint this isn't a bad approximation... An arc can be
modelled quite well by a fixed voltage drop (of a few tens of volts) in
series with a resistance.  If you change the current through the gap, the
resistance will change (more current = less resistance).  The 20-30 volt
drop is insignificant in comparison to the several kV in the typical
primary, so the resistance is going to dominate.