Re: Remote phase adj of sync rotary gaps, tests.

Original poster: "rwall" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

John,

Excellent thoughts and work.

Along those lines, I have considered a 60 Hz  resonant tank circuit in the
low voltage side of a noncurrent limited HV transformer.  Control is by
varying the inductance or capacitance of the tank circuit.  I have not done
the experiment.

I'm not sure, but I think your inductor (variac) and capacitor may also be
forming a tank circuit and resonant harmonics are causing the growling in
the variac.  You may consider adding  a low value resistor from the main to
one side of the capacitor.

Maybe you could apply your new circuit to your PT  to evaluate current
(power) control.

RWW