Re: Remote phase adj of sync rotary gaps, tests.

In a message dated 12/9/00 4:19:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Rick,

Thanks,  BTW, I finished drilling the rotor and installing 2 spinning
copper electrodes today, and the motor still locks up fine.  The
phase controller also works properly.  Yes, I wouldn't be surprised
if the circuit is resonating.  I did try a resistor in series with the
cap, but it made the motor lose lock with full variac setting.  I used
3.5 ohms, and didn't try any other value.  I didn't even listen to see
if the groaning was gone since it didn't stay locked.  Maybe some
other value would be better, but it's seems OK without it.  I guess I should
check the voltage so make sure there are no higher voltage being
created due to the resonances.  I may do some more work with
the resistors, etc.  It's really nice to have this sort of remote
phase adjustment without struggling with mechanical methods.
I still have to build the base and fixed electrode assemblies, etc.

That's an interesting idea about controlling the TC power with the
60Hz tank circuit, I'll let you know if I try anything.

John Freau