From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:28 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: large caps

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

>Which is one big cap! Suitable for quarter shrinking, disk tossing, water
spark gaps, wire exploding....lots of cool stuff. But aside from the
obvious
danger from high voltage, it will discharge like a bomb if you let it. No
joke

i was really hoping it  would be suitable. oh well. i found it on ebay for
$20
http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1201152429
and some nice looking doorknob caps
http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1201428197
been looking around trying to get a good deal on some MMCs or just a high
voltage cap. i knew the capacitance was a bit high, but didnt think it
would ever have the time to charge up that high. plus from what ive heard
here my NST can surge way past its marked voltage.

-fox