ARSG with DC power

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

Being unable to work on/run my coil due to my unheated shop, I've been
busying myself with planning upgrades for it.  One notion is to build
up a full wave voltage doubler circuit using a pair of MOT's and have
it supply DC at around 11 KV to an asynchronous rotary gap.  I'm a bit
concerned about the ripple on the D.C. output of the supply.  Since it
won't be filtered much by the doubler caps (0.2 uF. total), will that
have an effect on the gap operation?  I'll have a R/C filter of Terry's
design between the voltage doubler and the gap.  WinTesla tells me the
coils operating frequency will be around 240 kHz.  Comments and ideas
are welcome to get me through the freezing in the dark of a Canadian
winter!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca