Re: Secondary question!

In a message dated 12/18/00 1:43:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  HI all,
>  I have looked for a coil to use as a model and I have found some that I'll
>  think would be just perfect.
>  But many of them uses AWG 28 magnet wire, and the only AWG I can get in
that
>  "size" is AWG 28 and 29. I have relized that I will use more power about
> 630W
>  and I want to build it as good as I can. The two secondaries I will chose
> from
>  will probably be:

Michael,

I would go with the 27 awg, or even thicker.  This is because you
plan to use more than 630 watts.  If you will use 1200 watts, then
the coil should maybe be larger, such as 6" by 26" or similar.
especially if you plan to use a low breakrate.  the 1500 or 1600
turns is a good idea to use.  you may want to use maybe number
26 or 25 wire if this will give you 1500 to 1600 turns on a 26" tall
form,  something like that I would say.

John Freau