Fuse rating

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

Hello all,
Thanks for all of the excellent ideas on how to drill a hole in my glass
insulator.  I have nothing left to do but wait on caps so I will give it a shot
on Monday.  My secondary has a splice (long story) and I was wondering if it
will affect the coils' performance.  I have a 3.75 amp 0-145V variac that I
will be using to over drive my 12/30 NST.  It is sort of small and I have
already built a nice box for it.  Two 12/30's in parallel running a Jacobs
ladder draw up to 6 amps.  I guess I would be pushing it if I were to use it to
over drive two 12/30's.  What size fuse should I use to squeeze the most out of
my variac without destroying it?
--nate