From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 5:31 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: PFC = power factor capacitor?

Original Poster: Harvey D Norris <Tesla4-at-excite-dot-com>

I am taking a guess at this latest abbreviation, it took me months to learn
that ESR meant equivalent series resistance in a capacitor. Does this mean
the ohmic resistance eqivalent to its capacitive reactance? Or does it
represent the resistance encountered as leakage current?
Sure wish the posters could at least say what the letters mean once in a
while. HDN