[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: calcs: Parallel R to equiv series R affect on MMC perf

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply.
I've been so busy with work and robotics afterward (FIRST national
competition).
I agree with what you say for the higher freq AC case.

The equalizing resistors do become effective as the charging source
approaches DC. The finite Rvalue moderates any variance in the dielectric
resistance (T ohms +- G ohm ?)
It should be easy to calculate at what frequency reactance is no longer
effective in equalizing individual Cap voltages for the case where charging
is max'ing out and they are not due to discharge for a TBD time.
Some assumptions need to be made
or measurements of the variance of the dielectric of a lot of Caps would be
nice.

I believe those using DC (especially at very low BPS)
must be more concerned about equalizing series string Caps.

A quick charge rate will initially provide equal charge as a function
of capacitance (reactance from ramp up time) but after charging the
DC relationship dominates and 10M becomes significant relative to
the much higher dielectric resistance.

Regards, Dale