[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rectifiers, anyone?

> Original Poster: "David Trimmell" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>
>
> Hello to DC'ers, I have found that one can make a very affordable and
> bullet proof rectifier using the 6 amp 1KV diodes found at Digi-Key, or
> others. Just series (and/or parallel) enough to meet your demands.
> Snubbering them has not been necessary for me, I just use series diodes.
> JiM Lux and others have pointed out that modern manufacturing makes for a
> very consistent semi-conductor...
> All this is much cheaper than commercial sources. Need I say more?

    I'd thought of this, but I looked at the prices at one website and I found
the price to be about the same.  *However*  I just popped over to Digikey, and
you're right.  Buying 100 would only set me back 38.00-- more than enough for a
30kv 12A diode.  Anyone interested in going in on a bulk buy?  There is another
variety that goes at 500 minimum for 142.00  Even cheaper, methinks. . .
Contact
me offlist anyone who is interested in rectifiers.  I might even be willing to
build one or two. : )
                --Mike