[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Poly-Lok polyester resin transformer...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Friday, January 07, 2000 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: Poly-Lok polyester resin transformer...

>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>
>Hi Rick,
>
>Original Poster: Apollo <ollopa-at-jps-dot-net>
>>I am sure.
>>On the transformer, it said "polyester resin," so I
>>searched the net for chemicals that dissolve
>>polyester resins and came up with acetone.
>
>Well, I tried the experiment tonight. I mixed up some
>5 min epoxy and let it harden over 2 hours at moderate
>temperature. Then I plunged it into a glass of acetone.
>The thing has been sitting here for an hour or so and
>NOTHING has happened.......... >
> <snip>

>Coiler greets from Germany,
>Reinhard

Not the same thing! Epoxy resin and polyester resin are two
different chemistries.

 We have medium voltage motors impregnated with polyester
resin and when the windings go bad we machine (cut) them out.
No "practical" solvent was found to remove the polyester,
although methylene chloride (TOXIC!) did attack it.