Re: THOR resonance freq. measurement results

hello marco, terry, all
i to follow this process of finding and modeling resonant frequency of
the coil with interest.
but there is one thing that i feel is either overlooked or taken into
account as a given in this process, namely the influence of outside
frequencies acting upon the coil form itself.
it is, as i see it, mostly at the common 60htz level(unless your
attempting to measure in close proximity of a transmitting tower or
doppler radar station).
i have seen that the transmission line frequency is prevalent in almost
any area i have been in. i would always check free area frequency in
different places i was working and 60 Hz was always present.
in my understanding the secondary coil would "feel" this freq. and any
measurements would show it accordingly. also, i don't think there is a
place on this planet that is not bombarded by a vast diversity of wave
form energy at different frequencies.
now i will strongly admit that i am lacking in knowledge in this field
but to see the obvious has always been one of my strong points.
if anyone could explain to me why the outside influence of a prevalent
frequency would not show up on the sensitive measurement of the coil, i
would greatly appreciate it.
following this thread and other like it, this is the one thing that has
stuck in my mind.
i would also add that though the trans. line frequency of 60 Hz is
prevalent at say 4' above ground, that at say 2" above ground i mostly
have seen 8 - 30 Hz. this being in the range of the freq. of the earth.
i will also state that my measuring technique is not at all high tech.,
just using my fluke 87 III and a small cordless phone antenna that i
keep in my bag. but i get consistent readings from it and have even
accurately measured the frequency of  ac motor drives by holding the
antenna around the load wires of the drive and checking my readings
against the displayed output frequency of the drive.
any input on this theory?
marc