From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2000 9:43 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: SIlly idea

Original poster: "rwall" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Not much will happen.  Although at very high potential, a TC termination
alternates through both positive and negative peaks during each cycle.
Theoretically both negative and positive peaks are equal.  Without some sort
of rectification the trash can capacitor will not charge to any significant
potential.  Secondly the trash can capacitance added to the termination will
severely detune the coil.  If you are even able to tune the coil it probably
will cease acting like a TC.

RWW